To give Thanks to everyone of our customers we are having a
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY
on Friday November 2, 2012 from 3:00-7:00 pm. We are having a pig picking so come hungry and ready to have a good time! Make sure you come because we are giving away free plantings, chemical treatments, and other items! Feel free to bring a friend or neighbor as well. We sent out invitations in the mail. Call Brenda to get the directions.
Annuals: If you have not placed your order for pansies I need them ASAP. The last good date to plant them is the end of October and it is approaching quickly. I can go ahead and get some in next week but by Friday the 26th will be the cut off date.
Bulbs: I have ordered bulbs and they should be in within the next week. I am hoping to get them planted by the 15th of November.
Pre-Emergent, over seeding and Fall Fertilization (plants and turf) has been completed. If you have any questions please call Brenda in the office at 910-944-9412 and she can help you.
Monthly Special: We are continuing our Buy two get one at half price (valid only for one time) through the month of October and November. MULCH AND PINE STRAW WILL BE ON SALE STARTING IN DECEMBER!
Contract Renewals: I will be sending out contract renewals to everyone in the next month. We have decided that we will be increasing our monthly service by 2% next year. Seeing as how many of our customers have not had a price increase in 2 or more years Lewis and I find this to be more than fair. If you have a 5 year contract, your rate will only increase the amount that is in the contract and I will not be sending out a new contract.
Monthly Recipe: Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup
. 1oz (30g) butter
. 2lb (1kg) Pumpkin – peeled and cut into inch square pieces
. 1 medium onion
. 2 cloves stuck into the onion
. 2 tspn sugar
. salt to taste – pinch
. 2½ cup Chicken Stock – make your own, use cubes/powder, or use ready made (this is our choice) OR Vegetable Stock for a Vegetarian Recipe
. 1 cup Milk
. Nutmeg to sprinkle on top
Dolop of Sour Cream when serving (not for diet conscious).
1. Place butter and pumpkin in crock-pot and put onto high. When butter has melted, stir to coat pumpkin and cook for 1 hour on high. (If in hurry, just wait for butter to melt, stir and go to step 2 ignore the hour cooking – still turns out great just slightly less intense flavor).
2. Add onion, sugar, salt and stock. Cover and cook for 8-9 hours on Low OR 4-5 hours on High.
3. When ready to serve, remove the onion.
4. Puree soup in a blender or use a hand held device.
5. Add milk, to achieve correct consistency. (DO NOT add milk if intending on freezing – just freeze as is. Can add milk when thawed).
6. Serve with a sprinkling of Nutmeg and a dollop of sour cream.
Notes: Serves 4
REFERRALS: Remember that if you refer someone and they sign a one-year contract for maintenance you get a $25.00 credit to use anyway you want.
Thanks again for being such great customers! Please stop by on the 2nd of November!
Dana & Lewis